2003 - March 2009: Crammed on, random too-small photos and too-high cheese ball wreath (or as Brandi calls this type of thing "goosey-ducky" which I think is hilarious).
July 2009: Mirror in its original black, looking like King Kong next to strange assortment of too-small glass stuff; mantle painted from blah builder's white to "coffee beans"
August 19, 2009: Mirror hanging on the wall rather than resting on the mantle, painted some kind of neon wierdo blue color. Various mantle items getting closer to being the correct proportions.
August 21, 2009: Could not handle bizarre blue and re-painted it two days later. Incrementally better. I love the brown mantle but can't figure out how to make it work with everything else.
March 2010: Repaint mirror for the third time and it finally makes sense. I am finally liking it. Already planning to change silver-framed mirrors to various shades of creamy white. I think that will do it. Taking the color out from the mantle display finally makes the brown mantle feel right. So happy because I truly do love the brown, as unusual as it is.
A shot of the whole room. It is looking kind of pretty, no? This is the room we spend the most time in, aside from the kitchen. The brown sectional sofa will move into the basement when it's finished.
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment