Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Two Toothies

John lost another tooth yesterday! Actually, Kevin pulled it out at John's request. :) Another visit from the tooth fairy, this time John pulled in $1.25 and a note that said "John, I love your new smile. T.F." He got a real kick out of it!
Last night as Jen and I were leaving for dinner, said tooth was incredibly wiggly, and John took great pleasure in grossing us out by trying to yank it out right in front of us. When I got home it was under his pillow!
So the Houlihan's in Champaign is really good, except the waiter we had did not understand that he was supposed to give us a free dessert for Jen's birthday. :) We tried to tell him! I ended up getting a delicious grilled chicken salad because it had toasted spicy pecans on it, and I can not resist anything covered with pecans. Jen did get the stuffed chicken and, oh man. It was very good. The atmosphere there is fun, I thought it would be kind of like a Chili's but it was more modern and they made a good attempt at being both classy and swanky. It reminded me a lot of this W hotel that Liz, Kate and I stayed at in downtown Chicago a while back. Sort of like, you should be a certain level of cool before you try to come in here. I think my red Land's End sandals were a mark against my coolness, but they let us stay anyway.

I have really been enjoying my quiet morning time with the kids at school. Of course I miss them and think of them, but this time alone is very calming. So far Isaac has slept every morning, and I catch up on chores and things. It feels good to be on top of a few things, after a whole summer of just trying to hold our heads above water. This summer Kevin and I really focused on being with the kids and being with each other, keeping up with family and friends, etc. rather than spend a lot of time on cleaning and errands and stuff. That was a good decision but it also meant toys everywhere, laundry piles all over, running low on groceries all the time, etc. The perfectionist neat freak Flylady wannabe in me was going crazy a lot of the summer but I worked hard to keep it in check. I mean, really that stuff doesn't matter but it still made me nuts. Now I get great pleasure in putting everything back in its place while Boo sleeps!

1 comment:

Special K said...

Glad the dinner went well....I so am NOT cool enough for places like the W hotel, but I do try! And Flylady, after abotu 12 of her emails, I looked at my old house and the caked on grime and decided that I need to tackle one project like wiping down all 50 rails in my family room, at a time, and keeping the rest of the place clean, over making everything spotless. I'm impressed though! Glad you have quiet time!