Giving Isaac his bath is such a joy. I usually give him a bath every other day, right after the kids leave for school and before his morning nap. He gets so relaxed and sleepy, he falls right asleep for his nap and sleeps for a good 2 hours after that. He smells so good and his skin is so soft. His little fuzzy hairs on his head are all sticking up in every direction. It makes me smile just thinking about it!
He is 5 months old now and he is very grabby. He is grabbing everything. I have to be careful when I hold him at dinnertime, because he will grab and pull my bowl or plate right off the table! This grabbing is so much fun in the bath, because he tries to grab the water. Grabbing the water is one of those little things that I had forgotten about having a baby. John and Lucy both did it, and I loved it then, but forgot about it as they grew. The first time Isaac did it, I just started laughing out loud! Oh yeah, I forgot that little sweet thing babies do! Anyway he just watches the stream of water as I pour it over him, and tries to catch it in his fingers. He also loves to grab the washcloth and suck on it to get the water out. He is such a curious little guy.
After the bath, wrapping him up in a hoodie towel is so sweet. He kicks his arms and legs like crazy because he feels so good. I rub his head with the hood of the towel and he coos. His lotion smells so nice and I love to give him a little baby massage while I put it on him.
Isaac's bath is relaxing and calming for us both! It is one of those great times when I can put everything else out of my mind and just be there, in the moment with him. Nobody else is around and I don't have to keep my mind on anything but him.
14 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment