Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chicago restaurant suggestions?

I am taking a trip to Chicago with Kimberly and Brandi on Dec. 13 and 14. We are going to stay at a posh downtown hotel and do non-mom, sophisticated city things. We are going to wear expensive shoes and designer sunglasses and carry our fancy handbags. It will be like Sex In The City, only no sex and we're not in New York. The incredibly clever and witty ladies part will be true. So, I need to know a completely awesome, fun, no children allowed, swanky downtown restaurant where we can eat on Saturday night. No chains and no kids' menus! I would love as many suggestions as possible. We'll be near Millenium park and we'll have a car.

2 comments:

GJ said...

Ooh--I am SOO jealous! I love doing stuff like that and I can't Wait to do it again. Maybe when Henry is sleeping through the night, ha ha.
Anyway, the only really swanky place I've been to downtown is N9NE (Nine). It definitely was a no kids, trendy kind of place with awesome food.

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky-

Here are a few ideas.

1) Yes, N9NE is fantastic. Its in the loop. It has a really cool vibe and their lobster risotto is fantastic. I think its technically a steakhouse, but doesn't feel like it. Much more chill.

2) Bandera on Michigan Avenue- I haven't actually been here, but heard good things. I think its Spanish style tapas and such- its walkable from Millenium Park.

3) Quartinos- this is a really fun small plate place, so you just order lots of side dishes- cheeses, breads, veggies, etc. And they have really cheap wine. This is also right downtown.

4) Top Gigio- I ate here for my bday on Friday- really good, really authentic Italian. It's a really cute place, nice and fun, not pretentious. Its in Old Town, so its just a tad North of downtown- but def not too far from Millenium Park. And its right by Second City, if you're looking for a fun night show (tickets are about $30).

If I were you, I'd probably just take a cab to any of these because parking will be hard. And with three of you, you should pay no more $10/person for the whole night.

Hope that helps and have fun!!