Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Boo

Our Boo has been trying a few new things lately. Since the weather has turned colder, and windier, he needs something warm for going outside. My friend Erin, who is mom to the two girliest girly girls ever, somehow ended up with this blue infant carrier cozy and she gave it to me. We are testing it out with Boo. John and Lucy call it the Boo House (so now we all do). I thought it might work out better than trying to stuff him into a baby snowsuit 2+ times per day for our school pickups and errands. It is actually a neat little thing - it has elastic all around it and justs fits right over the top of Isaac's seat. It is thick like a comforter, and the little flap goes up and down for walking to the car, and then being inside the car. The only problem is...Isaac hates it! He fusses every time I put it on the seat. Do you see his hand in the photo? He's trying to escape. Look at the look on his face...he's thinking, is this some kind of cruel joke?
We'll see how long the Boo House lasts.
Isaac is so curious about the world right now. He wants to see and touch everything. He's at that stage where, as soon as he gets something into his hands, he shoves it right in his mouth and starts licking it. Since we are careful about what goes into his hands (he's not licking gross stuff) it is such a sweet little thing that he does. This past weekend I was thinking he might want to see a little more of what's going on during dinner. Usually Kevin or I hold him on our lap (more Kevin than me, he doesn't get as much holding time as I do so he likes to do it), but he is grabbing at our food and silverware and can't see as much of what's happening. So we put him in the high chair for the first time. He liked it for about 10 minutes. You can see Lucy is playing with him and John is watching him...I don't think they ate very much dinner that night! It was too exciting that Isaac had his own place at the table now. They insisted that Isaac sit between them and not over by Kevin and I!
Isaac is 5 months and 1 week old, so it won't be too much longer before he tries his first solid food. Probably 3-6 weeks. I think he is still getting full from nursing and a little supplement each day, and at his last Dr. visit he was 14 lbs. 13 oz.! Woo! So no more worries about his weight and I never went up to the 12 oz. per day of formula like the doctor said. He gets only 4 oz. supplement per day.
What will Boo do next!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

Mary has almost caught up to him, she's 14.5 lbs after a major growth spurt a couple of weeks ago. We have the Bundle Me by JJ Cole from Nathaniel, I've almost put it on her carseat, but I've been using a cozy fleece Carter's hoodie coat for now. It's bubblegum pink and has little bear ears on it and it makes me happy. :)