- Sarah Palin
So, John McCain...yawn, right? Barack Obama is more exciting reading the dictionary. I would so love to vote for him, except...well, there's that Born Alive Infant Protection thing that I just can't move past.
Enter Sarah Palin. Love her!! President of the FCA at her high school, mother of five (including a son in the military and a baby with down syndrome), and member of Feminists For Life, she is my kind of candidate. Called a "politician of eye-popping integrity" and "a great story of how to adhere to principle," she has an approval rating of over 80% as the governor of Alaska and is a strong advocate for (desperately needed) ethics reform within the Republican party and energy independence in the US.
YES!
Is she enough to make McCain palatable??
Was Obama's presentation last night enough to push him over the edge, regardless of McCain's VP choice?
I need Tim Russert! *sob*
2 comments:
Hey Becky--I guess I would "mostly" consider myself democrat...but I am very interested in this Sarah Palin lady after reading your blog. I'll educate myself for sure. I have been so distracted by life I'm not up on my politics and I am afraid to even find out what the Born Alive Infant Protection deal is and why it's stopping you from voting Obama.
Her positions have appeal to a large number of voters, but for a campaign that has spent a year questioning Obama's experience I'm unsure why he chose someone whose experience consists of 17 months as the governor of Alaska.
It's a sad commentary on how our politics have devolved entirely into ideology. He picked her because she says the right things, but no matter how much you love her there is no way to avoid the fact that she is stunningly unqualified to be President. Then again, that stopped mattering 30 years ago.
Post a Comment