When you talk with an adult or even a child, they naturally move their eyes from looking into your eyes, and looking away. It's a natural part of our interaction with one another. To stare into someones eyes for a long time is strange and discomforting.
Small babies don't feel this way. I carried Isaac before he slept tonight and he was content to just look into my eyes, constantly, without ever looking away. It was so sweet that I returned the favor and just stared into his eyes and talked to him as he fell asleep. It was the best five minutes of my day.
He is such a joy to our family.
1 day ago
2 comments:
Just starting to get those gazes from Mary. I love love love those moments!!
I think my uterus just skipped a beat. UGH I miss those days! I still get the snuggles, but the intense adoration....not so much!What a wonderful story.
Post a Comment