Here in the backwaters of East Central Illinois, McCafe has just arrived. Many of you know I love the 'Bucks, as John and Lucy call it (a sure sign that I go there far too often). I swear there are psychologists working for Starbucks studying the effects of a nice frappucino on stay-at home mothers. We all like a little pick me up during the day but I think this is especially true of at-home moms. It feels good to give yourself a little treat during the day especially when it comes low fat and with a boost of energy. A drink from Starbucks is one of the few things that I don't let the kids have, one of the few things that is just for me. And yes, $4.50 for a coffee is a lot, but in the grand scheme of things I don't care that much. If I can spend $4.50 and forget for a few minutes that John and Lucy are fighting in the backseat it's worth it! (OK, they don't fight that much really, but you get my point.) I am the target Starbucks demographic and I am OK with that.
Now I have discovered McCafe! Pretty good for just 2/3 of the price! I have tried the hot and cold nonfat mochas, and the nonfat iced vanilla latte. I really liked the iced nonfat mocha. I've also had the nonfat sugar-free vanilla latte, and I say use the extra calories and get the regular vanilla syrup. The sugar free had that bad aftertaste going on. I predict that we will make some stops at McDonald's for coffee on the way to school as the weather gets colder.
Moms of the world who are having a hard day, drive through the McDonald's for McCafe and do not feel bad about it! You deserve it.
1 day ago
2 comments:
I could have written your post. Starbucks is my comfort item. When I walk in, I feel calm and happy. My favorite "get out of the house" thing to do is go to Target--which has a Starbucks inside: genius!--get a coffee beverage and stroll around buying things I don't really need. I look forward to Starbucks in my day and always will and I don't care how much it costs. And thank goodness they started building drive thrus for those of us who have a baby to lug around.
YUM! We have had McCafes now for months! It's one unexpected perk to living in MN, we always get the good stuff first, I'm not sure why. Have you guys gotten Redbox yet? Changed my moving viewing world forever. Anyway, I've only tried the iced mocha, and they are deeeelish! The problem I have with McDonald's right now is I can't drive away without also buying Nathaniel fries, or I will be stuck in toddler meltdown land for a good half hour. Not that I've even dared try it. So I have only gotten it a few times. :)
Post a Comment